Zombie server

General Minecraft Discussion
Tell Us About Your Projects
Want Something Changed? Ask Here

Zombie server

Postby wollibeebee » Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:54 pm

so, i saw this server;
http://www.reddit.com/r/Minecraft/comme ... ty_server/

not sure what this thread is for, but it's pretty cool and gave me some good ideas for Build on our own server.

i'd imagine adding this for the NZN server would cause a lot of lag (another world full of generated buildings and hundreds and hundreds of creatures and AI, i don't run a server but i can imagine it wouldn't be... "a good thing".) Although, maybe we could have a walled of section of Survival solely for a undead-infested ruined city, there could even use our own builds from Build and other worlds to 'sporing in?

now I'm off to go make some I Am Legend/The Walking Dead inspired builds in Build. :P
wollibeebee

Re: Zombie server

Postby wollibeebee » Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:41 pm

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/23627856/zombie%20SMP.7z

i copied all the settings the server owner used and create my own server with it. Just download this, click launch and play on your own, (enter a seed in the properties file first, ofc). This mod currently isn't for Single player, so this is basically the only way you can play it. :( (unless you join the server i posted earlier.. but it's meh.
wollibeebee

Postby sorifiend » Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:03 pm

Cheers for the link this looks pretty interesting I would be keen to run a temporary event world for this sort of thing if we can find a bukkit server mod for it.
"Never memorize what you can look up easily"
sorifiend
Global Admin

Postby wollibeebee » Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:02 am

yeah, the lack of bukkit is a let down. although, you could just generate a world, load the chunks and get a good square area, and then just copy that world over and stick a huge wall around it :P. That's what i'd do, at-least.

there's really no other use of the files once the world is generated (except for generating more chunks the more you explore. But like i said, wall it off :P)
wollibeebee

Postby sorifiend » Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:18 pm

wollibeebee wrote:yeah, the lack of bukkit is a let down. although, you could just generate a world, load the chunks and get a good square area, and then just copy that world over and stick a huge wall around it :P. That's what i'd do, at-least.

there's really no other use of the files once the world is generated (except for generating more chunks the more you explore. But like i said, wall it off :P)

This idea will work if we run it for a fixed period, so when we are ready to start work on the new "event/donor" world I will put up a post with a couple of options including this idea, and everyone can vote on it then.
Normally it would be a donor only world, but in this case it would be excellent as a public world.
sorifiend
Global Admin

Postby dandamann » Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:19 pm

i was keen to run it, but i found after loading the server i couldnt build :P i got eaten by zombies in a hole
dandamann

Postby wollibeebee » Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:43 am

odd, i'll look into the settings and see if there's something stopping people from building (i know there was something like that on spaceribs server, but he's since removed it.)

that sounds awesome sori. :D
wollibeebee

Postby sorifiend » Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:14 am

Here is a sample of what the 1.2.4 map generator makes, with the z-day zombie template.
Zombie Map.jpg
Zombie Map.jpg (32.58 KiB) Viewed 502 times

You can download the server folder "Zobmit Server 1.2.4.zip" and generate your own map if you wish.
But be warned I messed around with a few settings to make the map very populated, so you will get lag unless you have a decent PC.

And before you ask about the gold blocks, I have no idea why they are everywhere, I am guessing it is a minor bug with the mag generator, or a setting that I haven't fixed yet.
Attachments
Zombie Server 1.2.4.zip
(1.43 MiB) Downloaded 2 times
sorifiend
Global Admin

Postby wollibeebee » Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:26 pm

it'd be cool if the gold was replaced with Iron, armor and weapons would be easy to make.

although, just normal bricks would be cool. :P
wollibeebee

Postby dandamann » Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:30 pm

i managed to generate it using wolli's server and just copied the world folder into my bukkit server. :) works like a charm.
might become another cool addition to my LAN
if anyone was wanting to play this map on ssp, i think they could easily do it this way?
dandamann

Next

Return to Discussion